Cypripedium Lucy Pinkepank

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a Pinkepank hybrid that is blooming for me the first time this year, Lucy Pinkepank. All the photos of this hybrid show a very attractive flower and I have seen Paul Perakos' plant flowering in person. The flower is quite bright, nearly all red and it is huge. The parents are tibeticum and kentuckiense, the two species with the largest flowers and Lucy has inherited the good points of each - she is an easy grower like kentuckiense and very colorful like tibeticum. The plant is about the height of a typical tibeticum this year. Hopefully she will grow a bit taller in the next few years.

Ron

Cyp Lucy Pinkepank B.jpg

another Lucy

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread but I've only just joined this forum. It's been great catching up on all the fab photos.
Here is a photo of another Lucy Pinkepank to compare with that of Ron. The flowers are certainly big, probably the biggest of my hybrids, with the typical 'fat' lip of tibeticum. It is growing in an eight inch pot and now reaching a reasonable size. The flower stems are probably about a foot in height. I've never had one of these with a double flowered stem before. I live in the UK and this plant probably came originally from Crustacare in Belgium.
The flower isn't as graceful as 'Philipp' but certainly has impact.
It should look good in a couple of years when there are several stems,

Regards,

David

Attachments

• lucy resize.jpg
    lucy resize.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 21
  • lucy 2.jpg
    lucy 2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
Welcome David!

I think I've seen you on both SOF and the Scottish Rock Garden Club Forum, though I don't post on either. Your plants are incredible!

Now that's the spirit - posting shots of Cyps in bloom in the fall just as they are going dormant...

Seriously, welcome "to the other side". I think you'll find there is more interest and activity over here, but Cyps remain a bit of an oddity to most. I look forward to more posts from you, especially next spring!

Latest posts

Back