Cyp. reginae, Now With 2 Flowers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
I thought I would start a new thread for this because the plant really looks complete with both flowers open, and I took several shots of it. The first flower is browning now unfortunately - it only lasted 5 days in perfect condition! I'm thinking it must be because my house is so dry, because the reginaes I have outside have lasted 2 weeks. Anyway, here are some photos:

:clap: Very nice!! So angelic. love the short stubby petals and the big pouch on this one

I can't look - must pay off credit cards first - don't let me get fascinated with and yet another group of orchids.

Beautiful

It will be interesting to see what it does this spring and summer. I'd try to keep it warm and moist this spring to avoid it going into dormancy early. If you can keep it green until the end of August it should readjust to outdoor living well. I bloomed one plant for a couple seasons in Florida by tricking it into a "reverse growing season" - fridge in the summer and growing it in winter.

Eric, yes there are Cyps in Texas (C. kentuckiense), but not south of Houston! The summers down there are a bit too long and hot while the winter is too short and not cool enough. Of course you can try them inside under lights if you're really ambitious.

Back