Cyp.henryi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenman

Reaction score
This came in a trade a short time ago and I put it in its pot in the greenhouse instead of the ground outside, figuring it had already had enough winter to vernalize properly [all my other cyps are in pots in the ground]. It started to grow almost immediately and I saw the large bud on Saturday and thought it might bloom in a week or so. It opened this morning to my surprise. The flower is a little small, only 2", but it is a small plant and I didn't think this seedling was blooming size anyway, so I think the flower size will improve as the plant gets older.

Attachments

• cyphenryi0311.jpg
    cyphenryi0311.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 20
  • cyphenryiside0311.jpg
    cyphenryiside0311.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 15
  • cyphenryifull0311.jpg
    cyphenryifull0311.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 25
Nice plant and color, I think this is a big size, have some which are old and smaller.
There is a lot of types and sizes of the flower, only a few of the, some calle it vietnam ones are bigger, but I never seen one which is really so big like it get told.

I think its a good plant, with age you get often more flowers one one stem, if you are lucky.

Latest posts

Back