Cymbidium sinense "He Zhi Hua"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1214215

Reaction score
Hi

Here are new pics of this clone in flower in February this year. I smells amazing - like freesias and some other perfume I can not identify. I got it from China, but was told it is a clone made in Taiwan.

I selfed it and just harvested the pods. I have a lot of seed to spare and can swap or send some if anyone wants this. I was told the seed will produce percentage of varigated plants, but with variable amounts of varigation. Still, the plant is wonderful for the blooms and perfume alone.

Brett
IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

I have been told that a good percentage in a flask will be varigated in varying degrees. Some the same or better and others less so. Still, I love it for the blooms and fragrance.

Brett

hi Brett,

did you make it to the samparn orchid show this last weekend
@the rose garden ?
there were vendors from Ecuador, Malaysia,Phillipines, Taiwan and Japan and off course from all over Thailand.
i'll post pictures 2morrow,
Brett i would be interested to receive some of that cymbidium seed, what are you looking for in a swap
thanks cliokchi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Lovely plant and I would love some seed!

I have some sinense in flask at the moment and am having terrible success in getting differentiation. If anyone has grown these up in flask please PM me! I have a medium mix which was published to cause differentiation and am still hoping it will. My munroanum prot-rhizomes finally began to differentiate once the they reached the bottom of the flask. The sinense and lianpan are still a long way off from the bottom of the flask. In future I will replate onto thinner medium.

(If anyone is interested, I can forward you the article and my medium recipe.)

tt4n

Sure, I am happy to share some seeds. PM me and I will send some. Cliokchi I am very interested in Phal lowii "alba" or "blue" forms. I have the pink in flask, but am still keen to get the others. They are nearly impossible to find though. I am amazed you managed to get both.

Brett

Back