Competition for NYEric...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbud

Orchid Maniac
Reaction score
Miscellaneous stuff:

Sorry I haven't posted much lately fellow Slippers. Ever since I officially retired I've been busier than when I worked. :)
The first big thing was finding room for all my outside orchids when it got cold which was about a month ago here in the North Georgia/SE Tn. mountains. So it was scramble for room inside time and that was pretty crazy. To wit:
All this...

DSC_0023.jpg

and this
DSC_0028.jpg

and this:
DSC_0399.jpg

and this too:
DSC_0404.jpg

Had to come inside. So we had to get creative and one of us was territorial and it wasn't me. LOL Well maybe a little. So here's what we ended up with:
Some in the office window:
DSC_0438.jpg

Some in the laundry room:
DSC_0440.jpg

Some in the basement:
DSC_0443.jpg

Some in one corner of the living room:
DSC_0447.jpg

others in the other corner of living room:
DSC_0450.jpg

Terrarium #1...
DSC_0449.jpg

Terrarium #2
DSC_0452.jpg

and a few on the mantel:
DSC_0448.jpg

So it was quite an adjustment. Luckily I had some T-5's at my disposal but I could use another one, hint hint Joyce.
Continued...

I just want to say that all my slippers seem to be doing well. I have about 25 or 30 Paphs and Phrags and through no fault of my own haven't killed any yet. I need to take an inventory and post my list to you guys so I make that commitment now. :) Thanks

Nice try, amateur! :poke: You need to go vertical and add multi-levels of shelving to get close. I like the vanilla vine though!! :D Don't know about Cymbids indoors :eek:!!

Nice try, amateur! :poke: You need to go vertical and add multi-levels of shelving to get close. I like the vanilla vine though!! :D Don't know about Cymbids indoors :eek:!!

:rollhappy: Yeah, I hear ya Eric. I just don't have orchids where I sit yet but I can see it coming to that. We have no idea where the Xmas tree is going.

Make an X-mas tree out of orchids. That would be neat to have blooming orchids arranged in a 3D X-mas tree form. They do that with poinsettas at Lauritzen Gardens here.

LOL... I've been trying to find orchid ornaments to do an all orchid Christmas tree this year... Not that much success yet, except for about 2 or 3 expensive ones...

Yes. I'm a hoardaholic. I can't help myself. Tomorrow I have to go to judging in Atlanta and I have to go by Peachstate Orchids on the way and see what's new like I do every month at this time. I'm hopeless, but I have a lot of orchids. To put this in perspective, I started buying my first orchid last Feb. this year. I'm approaching 200. Someone please stop me. :evil:

Yes Eric, I will never accomplish anything like the MASTER:pity:
but I will take your advice and put the Cym back in the garage. She's in bud
DSC_0446.jpg

and I thought it should be a little warmer for some reason. My garage gets close to freezing but the basement doesn't go below 50F. Good eye!;)

I have a guest room, turned orchid room. There's no where for the guests anymore.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Your many indoor setups remind me so much of myself pre-greenhouse! Your plants look quite healthy. Aren't we an ingenious bunch?

more than half of the fun of orchid growing is figuring out how to manipulate a spot and with what things to get something to grow right. just buying something and having it just grow fine all of the time is no fun

Latest posts

Back