Coelogyne speciosa...question!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope not, but it happens. Can you show a pic of the whole plant? A healthy and established speciosa will bloom more than once a year. Something to be hopeful of.

This is how the bad looks today (these are not rotten bracts at the base, just their colour)! I do not know what happened and I haven't changed anything...!!! Also humidity seems to have not changed dramatically (maybe dropped 5% and then up again...) The plant seems at it was when it started blooming!!!! LOL...maybe bad luck...! I think it was its first...! Maybe next time things will be better!!!

Thank you all...:)

Attachments

• DSC01057.JPG
    DSC01057.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 19
Unfortunately, it looks like somebody watered the inflourescense and it rotted. If you slice open the sheath is the growth alive inside? If so an estringent like Dragon's Blood or whatever might save it.

Unfortunately, it looks like somebody watered the inflourescense and it rotted. If you slice open the sheath is the growth alive inside? If so an estringent like Dragon's Blood or whatever might save it.

Eric, I never wanted to water the blooms...lol... only the base of the plant!!!!! So I might have done it accidentally and didn't notice it...:( The bud feels soft not crunchy... Should I cut it off or let it dry and fall off??? Pfffff, no dragon's blood in my possession... :( What type of treating substance is it exactly??? Thank you...:D

I'd cut it off, why leave it on?
Google dragon's blood, it's also known as sangre de grado, you could also do a search here, as their are ALOT of us that are believers! It's a natural substance derived from the croton lechleri plant, is great in stopping rots in their tracks. You want the pure, not cut with alcohol. It's available thru The Healing Forest.

Back