Coelogyne speciosa...question!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hello,

I got this on past September and in the last weeks this growth has appeared! Is it a psb or a flower stem or sth??? Sorry for the poor quality of photo...:(

Attachments

• coelogyne speciosa.JPG
    coelogyne speciosa.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 43
Great news for me then...:D Never had a coelogyne before, so this is surprising...:D:D TY...!

:rollhappy: that's OK biothanasis, if it hasn't bloomed before, how would you know? I have several bulbos that I think & hope are spikes but they're new growths, which is actually OK cause that should lead to flowers!

We only have 1 Coelogyne, but its spikes look like that, and then the new growth comes right after it in the same spot. The bracts seem to keep growing and become leaves.

I did not know that this is their spiking habbit Ron...!!! Thanks for the info!!! I will keep you updated...:D

Tarraaaaaaa!!!! These photos were just taken!!! (Just from different perspective!) You were all right!!!You can see the flower hidding inside...:D:D:D I am excited...:D

Attachments

• coelofube speciosa 1.JPG
    coelofube speciosa 1.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 10
  • coelogyne speciosa 2.JPG
    coelogyne speciosa 2.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 17
Sorry for the poor photo quality, but things got a little :mad::mad:

You can see (I hope) the two lobes formed on the end and under part of the bud... Is this the lip forming???

(When is it going to open??? LOL)

Attachments

• DSC01596.JPG
    DSC01596.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC01597.JPG
    DSC01597.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01600.JPG
    DSC01600.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 10
Back