Coelogyne odoardi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Achamore

Reaction score
Bought this 2 years ago, came back into bloom this week after skipping a year. My only Coelogyne, a native of Sarawak and that region, it has a lovely fragrance somewhat akin to honeysuckle.

The blooms are just under 6cm wide, and the spike hangs about 24cm.

Secundino, I agree, it would look best against green leaves. But I'm just glad it has survived 2 years with me, as I'm not that familiar with the genus and what these guys need.

not an easy one,so congrats on flowering...
they can get much bigger but still a middle sized Coelogyne....one of m favourite

Never saw that before.... OH MY G....!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool:

I bought the plant from Malcolm Perry in Bristol, England, who is especially knowledgeable on Coelogynes. It came highly recommended by him, and now I see why. The colours are striking, and the fragrance is also wonderful. And astonishingly it has survived being in my care.

This one is beautiful. The white throat and chocolate flower really draw your attention. Have never seen one before so thanks for posting.

I saw one for the first time last weekend at the exhibition in Kiel up North. Nice coincidence you're showing your plant right now. I agree this is a beautiful species, and I can confirm the pleasant fragrance.

Latest posts

Back