charge me up

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Ruth, 1

If they are moving in parallel, being accelerated by the same forces (magnets), they are behaving like a wave phenomena. They must be moving around the track in opposite directions at EXACTLY THE SAME speed, just in opposite directions because their charges are opposite.

number one...its a ratio problem (nothing to do with vector dynamics therefore no need for signs)

number two..this has to do with kinetic energy...mass is the constant (different for both particles) and must be taken into account

number three..never said anything about magnets, beyond the scope of this problem

number four...i already explained the answer

Even particles with mass have to obey newtons 2nd law .. F=ma or kineti energy = .5 mass x (velocity) ^2 where energy of a system is conserved.. So KE electron equals KE proton.. The .5 would cancel out. Mass of each is given.. So all you have to do is square the ratio of the masses and you get the ratio of the velocities

Think of the difference between a bus and a scooter.. It takes much more energy to move the bus than a scooter .. So with the same energy a scooter will go much faster than a bus

Back