charge me up

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
what is the ratio of speed of an electron (mass =9.1x 10^-31) to a proton (mass=1.6 x10^-19) as they travel in parallel but opposite directions (and why?)

the opposite but parallel is my way of saying they are influenced from the same sources (without getting too technical about the experiment)..since electrons and protons have the same but opposite charge (q) and they experience the same sources , the only relevant matter is their difference in mass (but by Newtons second law concerning kinetic energy ..you have to square the answer ..but more a formality for this post)..so the answer is ..when all things equal ..electrons move 42 time faster than protons

Sounds like you've been reading Particle at the End of the Universe

The discovery of the Higgs Boson.

Crazy stuff that melts my brain:sob:

If two particles are moving in parallel can they also be on the same exact plane?

If the particles are really waves:sob:

At least electrons have mass. Bosons are mass-less particles

I have no clue to what I'm saying, just regurgitating my melted brains from reading the book:sob:

Is a wave something? Or is it just a shape?

it's a verbalized construct to help us put the behavior of particles into some context ..a basic assumption to work from..when quantum physicists figure it out they will get back to us ..but for now..a wave is more like a behavior and can be conceptualized using math (like a sine /cosine wave)

this problem is classical mechanics (Newtons 2nd law) and disregards any fluctuations on the quantum level

If the particles are really waves:sob:

At least electrons have mass. Bosons are mass-less particles

I have no clue to what I'm saying, just regurgitating my melted brains from reading the book:sob:
some bosons have mass

Back