Cattleya xHardyana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful Hardyana David! Hope you don't mind, I will upload your photo for John M to see.

David's Hardyana:
27573918384_c05c96129c_z.jpg

Wow! That's gorgeous!!!! I'm glad that I didn't miss seeing this. Thanks Evergreen for posting the photo. I want one of these so badly. 'Must find one.....must find one.......

hardyana

John,

the cross between dowiana and a semi alba clone of warscewiczii called 'Frau Melanie Bayrodt' (or FMB for short) gives semi alba x hardyana plants.
The cross is made pretty frequently and here in Europe is easy to find,

regards,

david

No unexpectedly, about 4 different Cattleya crosses were named Hardyana, including the 1896 dowiana X warscewiczii. In that same period Cattleya aurea was considered a separate species and in 1902 the aurea X warscewiczii cross was registered as Semontiana. Now that aurea is considered to be Cattleya dowiana var. aurea, we have another name for one type of dowiana X warscewiczii.

Orchids Limited currently is selling a new cross of Semontiana that I bought and look forward to seeing. You can search Semontiana on their website to see the two parents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gorgeous. My favourite primary orchid hybrid, along with Phrag Fritz Schomburg.

Latest posts

Back