Cattleya violacea alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am remembering that this is not an easy species to grow, wanting to be pretty warm most of the time. Were you able to do that?
Yes, roots are easy to rot. It needs high humidity, but moderate waterings and roots must dry out within one day after waterings. Mine get watering on every 3rd day in summer, on every 2 week in winter.

It seems, it had used all its energi to produce a paticulary endearing flower! 🥰

Istvan, please, refresh my memory about
No, plant fully recovered as you can see. Last winter was very dark here, plats weakened and got bacterial rot.I tried to cure that problem with copper but i didn t know that copper is heavily toxic on cattleyas. Fortunately this spring and summer is favourable for plants and all are going well.Screenshot_20230820_132858.jpg

No, plant fully recovered as you can see. Last winter was very dark here, plats weakened and got bacterial rot.I tried to cure that problem with copper but i didn t know that copper is heavily toxic on cattleyas. Fortunately this spring and summer is favourable for plants and all are going well.
What I meant, Istvan, was, that instead of producing a lot of flowers, it focused on producing one, but a paticulary nice one!
(I wasn't talking about a wasted plant spending the little power it had on blooming just one flower!)
Sounds like last winter in Hungary was paticulary tough - glad that both you and (at last some of) your plants survived!

Glad you saved the plant Istvan.

Hopefully it will flower better as plant improves.
What I meant, Istvan, was, that instead of producing a lot of flowers, it focused on producing one, but a paticulary nice one!
(I wasn't talking about a wasted plant spending the little power it had on blooming just one flower!)
Sounds like last winter in Hungary was paticulary tough - glad that both you and (at last some of) your plants survived!
Many thanks. I learnt a lot in last winter.Temp was too high, humidity was too high. I will set them at lower level, around 14 C and 60-65 percent.

Latest posts

Back