Cattleya schilleriana var. coerulea 'Loch Raven'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrmd

Reaction score
An easy to grow bifoliate cattleya species with strong fragrant flowers. This variety is the rarer form of the species. The sepals and petals are a nice green with dark-brown spotting, lip is white with blue-violet venation. The flower count is usually higher, but this is a smaller division made recently.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpg
    IMG_0969.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
I have not had much luck with schilleriana or aclandiae. But I keep trying.
Very pretty flower!!!
I have grown both in a Greenhouse and currently under lights. They seem to like very similar culture. High light (close to artificial lights, or high in the greenhouse), temps never below 55f or above 80f. I water after the mix has dried. Water has been Tap to RO over the years, with weak k-lite every watering and flushing on the 4th with just water. Never tried them mounted, only in pots. Now that I am indoors I keep the plants small by dividing when it outgrows.

An easy to grow bifoliate cattleya species with strong fragrant flowers. This variety is the rarer form of the species. The sepals and petals are a nice green with dark-brown spotting, lip is white with blue-violet venation. The flower count is usually higher, but this is a smaller division made recently.
It’s gorgeous. I’d like to hear why it’s “easy” for you?

It’s gorgeous. I’d like to hear why it’s “easy” for you?
my temps are never below 55f or above 80f. Grown very close to artificial lights I water after the mix has dried, with RO , weak k-lite for 3 waterings and flush with plain RO on the 4th. Grown in plastic nursery pot.

Latest posts

Back