Cattleya problem!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hello all,

Could someone explain why leaves of my cattleya plants (not all of them) turn pure yellow and then they get brown and fall off??? Roots seems healthy and strong and psb are green!!! After leaves fall then the psb start to become brown!!! :mad::mad::mad: What should I do!!!!!?????????

Thank you in advance!!!!

Are the bulbs rotting off or are they turning brown and drying up? Are you giving them very bright light?

They are sitting under two 18watts fluorescent lights, that are 20-25cm above them!!! Well, the psbs are very hard when getting brownish but afterwards they are brown and softened!!! So it migth be rot! But I rarely spray and water once or twice a week with the fans on...! humidity fluctuates between 40-60% gradually from one day to the other...!!!!
I think I will post a picture...

After this, it turns to brown, starting from the top of the leaf!! The tip of the psb is yellowish sometimes...! The dark spots are present from thwe time IO got them, i do not think they are a cause or sth...! (I hope I am right...:D)

Attachments

• DSC00763.JPG
    DSC00763.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 13
I'm not an under lights grower, but I think they're not receiving adequate lighting and are being overwatered causing the rot. My catts receive upwards of 3,000 - 4,000 footcandles. Maybe someone can recommend a halogen light of some kind.

My watering habits are much reduced in the winter. Even growing in semi hydro. I may water every 10-14 days. I do water the mounted ones more, but if it's really cold I don't feel like going out there and getting all wet. And I figure my plants don't like it either. Catts definately don't need to be misted every day either.

So, my advice is to up the light and reduce watering. Hope this helps.

I think the rhizome maybe rotting out and that is a possible reason that it is loosing it's leaves and then the pseudobulbs are dying.

Paphman910

I will do what Candace suggests and I will wait!! It is all I can do I am afraid...! :(

Latest posts

Back