Cattleya dowiana var rosita ‘Red Emerald’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question.

Sometimes I buy plants and wait to import them when the time is right (or when I get the proper permits). May take months or years because of the delays caused by the pandemic. As a result I have plants all over the world lol.
Thanks. Because of my curious nature (I'm a scientist), I just had to ask.

Good question.

Sometimes I buy plants and wait to import them when the time is right (or when I get the proper permits). May take months or years because of the delays caused by the pandemic. As a result I have plants all over the world lol.
Lol, i have 6 paphis waiting for someone to bring them from Jakarta.🤣

I Love the intense colors. I wish I could grow these. I’ve killed two rositas and don’t have the heart to try again until I figure out how to grow this species in my conditions. I have one dowiana seedling still alive.

Now, I’m relatively new to this forum so you may have to excuse my ignorance, but how can your plant come in bloom in Japan if you are in Canada? Please enlighten me.
Leslie's answer, does only partially cover the actual state of the matter, that has revealed itself over time.
If I'm not wholly mistaken, he has also plants in care in greenhouses belonging to friends or, I even think, belonging to nursery owners, whom he either bribes or pays for taking care of his plants! 😁

Leslie's answer, does only partially cover the actual state of the matter, that has revealed itself over time.
If I'm not wholly mistaken, he has also plants in care in greenhouses belonging to friends or, I even think, belonging to nursery owners, whom he either bribes or pays for taking care of his plants! 😁
Jens, you are totally right!!! My plants are everywhere lol.

I am grateful that some people are able to find rare and important orchids and use resources to preserve them and use them for breeding. Without the Leslies of the world, so many important plants would probably just disappear or die. We have lost so many of the large private and commercial orchid collections over the last 50 years.

I was just curious and wanted to know what it meant that someone in Canada had a plant that bloomed in Japan. Now I know. It was nothing more than that.

Latest posts

Back