Cattleya Cynthia 'Model' AM, FCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEslipper

Reaction score
I hesitated to post this plant, since I don't usually post plants I haven't fully bloomed myself, but I'm so excited by it I figured I'd go ahead. This has been on my wish-list for a while, and Waldor recently put a division up for sale in low bud, so at least I can take credit for not blasting it. The cross is C. Schroderae x C. Enid and was registered by Charlesworth in 1927. This plant is from the original grex and was awarded its AM in 1933 and its FCC in 1934. Still virus free. The presentation and carriage of the flowers is stunning, and according to Waldor it can hold up to 6 on a stem on a well-grown plant. The thing is a beast and it is easily now the largest cattleya in my collection. Lovely light fragrance, and I love the bold contrasts of the colors. I think the quality is extraordinary for a hybrid that is nearly 100 years old.
aIMG_7007.JPGaIMG_7017.JPG

Soo good to see someone else still likes these old hybrids! What type of string are you using to tie these Cattleyas up with? I've seen other people use something similar but knew what it was called and I would like to use it.
-Patrick

Soo good to see someone else still likes these old hybrids! What type of string are you using to tie these Cattleyas up with? I've seen other people use something similar but knew what it was called and I would like to use it.
-Patrick
To be honest I think it’s cooking twine? It was just a roll of something I had laying around the house. If I showed my plants I would probably find something less conspicuous, but it doesn’t bother me.

Latest posts

Back