Cats intermedia and loddigesii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
The first is intermedia 'Gloria' the second is loddigesii 'Impassionate' HCC. It was very windy out today when taking the pictures, may not be clear.
p1030877v.jpg

p1030880e.jpg

p1030881k.jpg

p1030884.jpg

Yes, both are beautiful, but the loddigessi 'Impassionate' is especially nice!

The intermedia really looks like a hybrid to me, maybe with forbesii.

That was my first thought as soon as I saw the photo. I love the flower; but, I'm sure it's a hybrid with forbesii. I had never thought of making this cross; but, I like this one so much I'm going to cross one of my intermedias (now open), with my forbesii (just beginning to open). It's an elegant beauty!

That was my first thought as soon as I saw the photo. I love the flower; but, I'm sure it's a hybrid with forbesii. I had never thought of making this cross; but, I like this one so much I'm going to cross one of my intermedias (now open), with my forbesii (just beginning to open). It's an elegant beauty!
You guys might be onto something there. I did find a picture of the natural hybrid, C.x krameriana, intermedia X forbesii. The most stiking part of my flower is the white to yellowish hidden part of the lip. This area is very pointed just before the lip flares out. All the intermedias I have looked at have a solid maroon inter lip and most of the flared part as well. Mine does not.

Latest posts

Back