Can someone help to identify this slipper orchid?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelink

Reaction score
4257_79527934036_556264036_1768584_1314635_n.jpg

4257_79527929036_556264036_1768583_5697725_n.jpg

This flower is small about 2.5 to 3cm only. The leafs are also much smaller then the nivuem. I picked this up from the nursery sometime ago, there was no name to it. And now it finally flowered.

Need your help so that I can put a name to it.

Thanks ^_^

D

Looks like niveum to me or it certainly has niveum in it. Plant size can vary & the light intensity it's grown under can have an affect too.

It's got exceptional segments and form compared to all the other thaianum's I've seen...

It's got exceptional segments and form compared to all the other thaianum's I've seen...
I agree completely to Pete's statement.
There is another characteristic of P. thaianum beside shape and flower size to tell it from other species - thaianum has pale violet dots on the inside of the pouch.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

plus, the thaianums I've seen have clear white petals and sepals, no spots or dusting. I vote for a small niveum.

I thought thaianum has green staminode instead of yellow?
They can be green to greenish yellow from what I've read. If one looks at Hakone's thaianum, I don't see any way that this one is thaianum.
You've got a nice niveum, nothing wrong with that! :clap:

Latest posts

Back