Can someone help to identify this slipper orchid?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigger pix size of the slipper

4257_80151839036_556264036_1776940_4356751_n.jpg

Personally, whatever it is, I love this brachy.. it is beautiful.

cheers

Don

Hi, thelink.. :) I saw your post in GCS too.. I think you're overpotting your paph, whatever it may be. Brachys usually like being underpotted. Overpotting may result in root rot..

Hi, thanks for the advice, i will take note of it. Cheers. Don

I have my doubts about this plant being straight niveum or even thaianum. If this is not a stressed out blooming then the pouch is completely wrong for a niveum. It should be "egg" shaped for niveum where this one is more like a concolor shaped pouch. I would be interested in knowing more of the history of this plant. It could be a new species or natural hybrid. How did you come by this plant? What about the source that you got it from, can ask them about it's origin?

I have my doubts about this plant being straight niveum or even thaianum. If this is not a stressed out blooming then the pouch is completely wrong for a niveum. It should be "egg" shaped for niveum where this one is more like a concolor shaped pouch. I would be interested in knowing more of the history of this plant. It could be a new species or natural hybrid. How did you come by this plant? What about the source that you got it from, can ask them about it's origin?

Hi, I had this plant for about 6 months. It was small when I got it from the nursery, I found it at one corner. The nursery owner could not recall what was the name of the plant, so I just bought without knowing what species or hybrid.

I was rather surprised when it bloomed, it's small and unique, and i like it very much. I have been searching online to locate the name, but i could not find anything. That was why i posted the pix here hoping somebody can help to identify.

i just want to say thanks to everyone, although we are unable to identify.

A big THANK You.. Love..

Don

Latest posts

Back