Bulldog NOID

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenman

Reaction score
Got a bunch of NOID bulldogs in a cheap deal about two years ago; some bloomed last year. This is the first of this year's season to open. It's ok, but not great. I'm trying to decide whether to keep it and give it another shot next year or not.

Attachments

• posthree1211.jpg
    posthree1211.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 52
Do you like it?
Do you have the bench space to keep it another year?

Overall I don't like it, but the coloring has promise. I have noticed that bulldog bloomings can vary immensely from one year to the next in terms of shape, which is what gives me pause. Space? I can barely move in the GH, but that's more the fault of cattleyas in bigass pots and overgrown bulbos in 16" pots. A paph in a 3.5" round doesn't really make much of a dent.

Overall I don't like it, but the coloring has promise. I have noticed that bulldog bloomings can vary immensely from one year to the next in terms of shape, which is what gives me pause. Space? I can barely move in the GH, but that's more the fault of cattleyas in bigass pots and overgrown bulbos in 16" pots. A paph in a 3.5" round doesn't really make much of a dent.
Sounds like it might be around another year!
You make a good point on how much bulldogs can vary from one year to the next. My problem is it's a NOID and with all the lovely labeled plants you have I don't know that I would give it the space based on color, just MO.

Back