Bulbophyllum longicaudatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goods

Reaction score
Small species from Papua New Guinea. I grow this I-W with high humidity and daily watering.

7532572898_3b17ff00ca.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0054 by goods82, on Flickr[/IMG]

7532569842_ac8878ec9b.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0051 by goods82, on Flickr[/IMG]

7532571252_3a277d8f4a.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0053 by goods82, on Flickr[/IMG]

Before it was called 'blumei Papua' in the trade... Really nice blumei type, and easy to grow ( but difficult to buy).

Yup different from blumei, but proportionatly longer sepal "tails" and a hairier dorsla sepal. Also tails end in red spatula.

Thanks everyone. I do find this one easy to grow. It's more than doubled in size in a year, but it isn't readily available. It's very similar to blumei, but it's a bit smaller plant with a large flower to plant ratio.

Something I found interesting when researching both species. IOSPE lists blumei in the section Stenochilus, while longicaudatum is in the section Ephippium. Another species that is similar to both of these is B. nasica, but it is equally as hard to find.

Something I found interesting when researching both species. IOSPE lists blumei in the section Stenochilus, while longicaudatum is in the section Ephippium.

Probably just a typo / error. Siegerist and O'Byrne both have blumei (and or masdevaliacium) in Ephippium.

Actually blumei is the Type species (as Cirrhopetalum blumei 1830) for the Ephippium section. So I can't see how ISOPE is correct on this.

Latest posts

Back