Bulbo Star of Sumatra

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

Finally I have a bulbo blooming!
This is echinolabium x sumatranum. The plant is small, the flower is big and it's not stinky so far! :clap:
BulboStarofSumatra002.jpg
BulboStarofSumatra006.jpg

BulboStarofSumatra003.jpg

Very nice Rose! Is that one that came from us (OL)? I am the one that originally named that hybrid.

Robert

Very nice Rose! Is that one that came from us (OL)? I am the one that originally named that hybrid. Robert

Sorry, no it didn't unless Orchids Alive got them from you! (or was it the other way around?). It was a baby in a 2 1/2" pot in June 07 when I got it.

Congrats. I like everything about bulbos but the bulbs! :p
I'm finding that my bulbos require more water than what I would expect. I don't know if it's the mix, shallow pots or the combination of? This summer being coolish & overcast, they've all done better. This one is in a higher light area than the others & there is brown spotting on the leaves, so I don't think I have the culture just right. There's 2 more new growths & I'm not sure yet if they're blooms or bulbs! Time will tell!

It's got spots & stripes & jumps right out at you!

Everything one would expect from a flower!!! As for the culture, I 've been told that people here cannot flower bulbos (hybrids or species)!!! What would be the case??? They grow them well, but no flowers!!

Also, do new growths look alike starting flower spikes in bulbos???

Back