Bulbo patens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
A hot grower from India. 2", non-resupinate flowers, that always face the mount for me. It has a fragrance that reminds me of spice drops.

P7180037.jpg

Did you remove the lip, Ron? :poke::poke: BTW, does patens require a dry spell to bloom? Mine grows and grows but does not flower yet...

I don't do anything special to mine, but I'm sure its naturally a bit cooler, dryer, and darker, in my GH in winter than in summer. My patens usually starts a blooming cycle in March, and is typically done by the end of May. Bulbos sometimes seem to want to have enough growths barely fitting in a pot or mount before blooming rather than a seasonal cue. Try some bone meal??

Bulbos sometimes seem to want to have enough growths barely fitting in a pot or mount before blooming rather than a seasonal cue.

Un oh.. so underpotting/under-mounting will promote flowering? I usually use quite large pieces of wood to mount them cos I just want to leave them undisturbed for as long as possible.. Thanks, Rick...

Latest posts

Back