Bulb. cocoinum 'Rainbow'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Don't know why it is named 'Rainbow'! Fragrant, though, a little like coconut.

Bulb_cocoinum-12.jpg

A couple slightly different views:

Bulb_cocoinum-12-flowers1.jpg
Bulb_cocoinum-12-flowers2.jpg

Lovely plant and fantastic photo,do you mind me asking what equipment you use for the shot? Thanks

Hi Jean, lovely pics and plant. Good growing.

Was this imported from Thailand. Used to see that there a lot. I am guessing the name is a literal translation of Thai to English. My bet is the name rainbow comes from the way the spike arches out and not the colour. My experience of Thai names for orchids is that they can be rather abstract at times LOL.

Brett

Hi Jean, lovely pics and plant. Good growing.

Was this imported from Thailand. Used to see that there a lot. I am guessing the name is a literal translation of Thai to English. My bet is the name rainbow comes from the way the spike arches out and not the colour. My experience of Thai names for orchids is that they can be rather abstract at times LOL.

Brett
Jean???

I'm not sure where the plant came from, though I'll try to remember to ask the person I got this piece from. But I doubt that it was imported -- he doesn't normally do much with importing.

Bulb. cocoinum 'Rainbow' name

Dot, you say you don't know where the clonal name 'Rainbow came from. After viewing the first photo, my impression of the two pendulus flower spikes was that they formed the shape of a rainbow, hence maybe the name?

Dot, you say you don't know where the clonal name 'Rainbow came from. After viewing the first photo, my impression of the two pendulus flower spikes was that they formed the shape of a rainbow, hence maybe the name?

Interesting observation. But this is just a small piece of the original, whose spikes fall all over the place. But maybe multiple arcs? Could be...

Latest posts

Back