Brooklyn event

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all, I'm curious to see examples of my "vitriol for other collectors". If someone has possibly illegally collected plants I have mentioned it. I also acknowledge that there is a possibility that some of the hybrids I have from Ecuagenera could be from illegally collected sources. However, the plants are lab grown hybrids and legal. Thanks for the heads up.

Eric, your logic makes no sense. Either a plant is 100% legal from the source to the greenhouse bench or it is not. We can't pick and choose what we deem to be an acceptable purchase and what we don't. So many people have stopped posting here due to aggressive responses to photos and posts. You have, for at least as long as I have been here (2006), one of the most vocal and aggressive voices speaking out against any suspect plant. Yet, perhaps finally, you acknowledge that you have plants that are not totally kosher in your own collection. But because you deem it OK, so be it. The hypocrisy is palpable.

See my prior response just above this.

Best,

Eric, your logic makes no sense. Either a plant is 100% legal from the source to the greenhouse bench or it is not. We can't pick and choose what we deem to be an acceptable purchase and what we don't. So many people have stopped posting here due to aggressive responses to photos and posts. You have, for at least as long as I have been here (2006), one of the most vocal and aggressive voices speaking out against any suspect plant. Yet, perhaps finally, you acknowledge that you have plants that are not totally kosher in your own collection. But because you deem it OK, so be it. The hypocrisy is palpable.

See my prior response just above this.

Best,
I have not deemed any if my plants to be illegal. I have, based on your revelation, acknowledged that some of my hybrids may have had illegally obtained parents. No hybrids I know of are not made in vitro.

I don't remember anyone here, especially me, wishing death, or incarceration upon anyone, for having illegally collected plants. If it were not for illegally collected plants many species and their hybrids would not exist today. Maybe the subject strikes you too close to home.

Thank you for your input.

Latest posts

Back