Brassavola cucullata III

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
I hadn’t done anything with cucullata in a few years, though it’s a favorite of mine because of its graceful shape and fragrance. When you look at this, you might think of a very humid summer night with a beautiful citrus fragrance wafting toward you.

I need to hold onto it for a couple of months for a show, but it can easily be NFS there if someone wants to reserve it for later purchase—you know where to find me online to discuss details; a PM would work too, but I'm most in touch with my email.

Thanks for looking, guys—hope you enjoy:

Robin Street-Morris. Brassavola cucullata III. 2008.
Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 11" x 16" (27.94 x 40.64cm).

brassavola%20cucullata%20III.jpg

Very nice one Robin; mine is ready to open 2 blooms, I hope they will have partly at least the fine shape you were able to give to the one on your picture!!! Jean

This one got the trophy for best in class at the Fall MAOC in Cincinnati--it was my favorite of the four in my display, and it's nice to see some other people agreed. It's such a magical orchid...no end of opportunities to create graceful images inspired by it.

Thanks everyone!

It was a pretty good weekend. I got to sell alongside someone I admire to no end, and a college friend of mine I hadn't seen in a long time drove down on Monday to go to the Newport Aquarium with us before we headed home; I'm a Shedd member and it's not so big as all that, but for you other fish people out there, it's totally worth checking out if you're ever in the area--they've clearly put a lot of effort into their shark display and there's a shark petting tank too. For those of you who are interested, here's one of their Sand Tigers:

sandtigerI.jpg

Latest posts

Back