Brachypetalum Extravaganza

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys for your kind remarks!

As to your questions:

Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Nikkor 105mm, 1:2,8G which does great things for me! with the real small stuff. This here is one of these shots:
5592125618_c7e0ab6c39_z.jpg

As for larger things like this group shot:
5696532152_ca6a2e6433_b.jpg
I just really need to be on the other side of the building, since using a Macro-lens whilst needing a wide-angle shot creates it's own problems. I had about 5-6 metres between lens, and the plants for that shot, which quite clearly is not ideal.

Names:
Right to left (top-row):
leucochilum (out-cross seedling), bellatulum "Wild Thing", clearly not award quality!, leucochilum (out-cross seedling), top flower: bellatulum "Better Than Good", a plant that will go into my Brachybreeding for very obvious reasons, left flower: leucochilum "My pressures", one of my best plants. Base flower: bellatulum album (a rather small first flower, not too very symetrical, I'll wait and see how it does these next few years, though I have to say: it is the most healthy and beautiful plant...just talking about the plant).

I guess I’ll just be using this post, as more comes into flower, or gets bought.
Right here I’m comparing 2 leucochilum outcross seedlings for you.

On the right we have “My Pressures”, which you’ve seen, on the left is the opposite of the range, called “Black & White” which is just a name (and “what’s in a name”… ey Juliet?!), but shows very nicely what can come out of using good parents for breeding for certain goals like colour or size, or maybe even both.

5722458641_697de1904c_b.jpg

5723009314_f5fac04014_b.jpg

Here's one of my nicer thaianum:

5836846673_60b4009b9a_b.jpg

And this is just for sport! A little David vs. Goliath:
Joyce Hasegawa thinking about having thaianum for supper....

5836846637_c7a66f286c_b.jpg

excellent. the bellatulum alba looks like a good plant. all mine stay much smaller and are difficult to grow

Back