besseae ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Just saw the "straight on" photo. Thanks Grasshopper. I'm not sure what it is either. But, it sure is beautiful!

Please don't use it in breeding. Adding more no-name plants to the market is so much against what we are all about. It's unfortunate, but, NoID plants should never be used for breeding because many people who end up with seedlings will just add on a name; most, if not all of which, will be wrong. This just pollutes the gene pool for everyone else in the long run.

'Just saw the "straight on" photo. Thanks Grasshopper. I'm not sure what it is either. But, it sure is beautiful!

Please don't use it in breeding. Adding more no-name plants to the market is so much against what we are all about. It's unfortunate, but, NoID plants should never be used for breeding because many people who end up with seedlings will just add on a name; most, if not all of which, will be wrong. This just pollutes the gene pool for everyone else in the long run.

Yeah, I can see what your saying, and agree with you. Shame though as it has some nice character.

Hello Everyone,

Vendor says maybe a besseae x hanne powpow, Im trying to confirm. :)

Well, that's a similar breeding to Barbara LeAnn. When compared to Saint Ouen photos on the web, it could certainly be that. I'm not sure; but, if I had to pick a cross today, that it might be, I think I would go with Saint Ouen now. It sure is a beauty too!

I am going for a Phrag. Saint Ouen (Hanne Popow x besseae). I don't see any fischeri influence in there, usually when fischeri is used you can see two-toned colors in the petals, and the flowers are more round in shape. The droopiness can come from either a poorly shaped schlimii in the background or from a poorly shaped besseae that was used as one of the parents.

Here is Barbara LeAnn x besseae (aka Phrag. Ryoko Urabe) for comparison:

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2848

Robert

Latest posts

Back