beseae flavum Sami's Choice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
It had two spikes but I left only one because the plant is not very strong yet. (It is recovering from a severe erwinia attack two years ago). We put it under a full spectrum led light and it is growing vey fine now. I think that flavum besseae needs lots of light to thrive.
NS is 9.6cm. PW is 2.6 and it comes from The Orchid Zone, (Thanks John!)
Sorry the poor quality pictures but the pot is a big stone and I cannot move it to take better pics.
faaba4eb12f47a4a9e239b6cf4cfca3d.jpg3a8b68b1b7b749069e8ad40c86d419c9.jpg6de1527cb0eb75c784c0ff5772752d72.jpgfc3edc16df351b564dab3c01b5f5c5c0.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-J700M mediante Tapatalk

Excelent form and nice color. Congrats Eliseo. Tell us more about the stone it is grown. What type of stone can be used?

Enviado desde mi SM-G925I mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for your comments!
Martin, it is a carved sandstone inside a plastic tray. When I water the plant the stone keeps partially covered by water for 30 mins and the porosity of the stone gets saturated. I think that you saw my setup? It works very fine for besseae and will try also with kovachii.

Thanks for your comments!
Martin, it is a carved sandstone inside a plastic tray. When I water the plant the stone keeps partially covered by water for 30 mins and the porosity of the stone gets saturated. I think that you saw my setup? It works very fine for besseae and will try also with kovachii.
Yes, I saw it. What kind of stone do you use?

Enviado desde mi SM-G925I mediante Tapatalk

Very nice flower. Have never seen one on Sandstone before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back