Beallara Peggy Ruth Carpenter 'Morning Joy'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Elena

This plant has grown huge. This is the best flowering by far - 4 spikes in total and the flowers are almost as large as my hand.

Here's one of the spikes (the rest are still opening, plus I'm not sure if I can fit the whole thing in the photo)

Smells of black pepper.

BeallaraPRCMJSept08.jpg

:clap::clap: Ruth Carpenter is really a nice cross! This clone seems to carry more of a white/light background than others I've seen.

Cheers, guys :D

This is also the darkest/most purple flowering so far. The other ones were even paler :rollhappy:

I recently got this plant in bud, and it is certainly beautiful. How do you guys grow it, light and temp wise? I'm planning on sticking it in semi-hydro after the blooms fade.

I grow it in fairly high light (Catt level or so, on South-facing windowsill). I don't think it's fussy about temps as I kept it in an unheated bedroom last winter and it was fine. We had two rubbish summers in a row in UK so I can't tell you how it reacts to heat :p

This orchid was named after my good friend Peggy Ruth Carpenter Brady, by her famous father and it's creator, Milton O. Carpenter! He has given me several beautiful plants....We were just looking at all the on-line photos, as she will be gifting me one! So excited!

Latest posts

Back