baby How COLD is it ?qwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm just curious because I'm waiting on an eBay plant from Florida, I'm waiting for a shipment from Orchidbabies in Alabama, and I'm waiting for info from Windy Hill Gardens in Missouri..is shipping shut down and for how long due to the weather?

Current temperature here in balmy central Minnesota: -29F (-34C)

Forecast high for today is a sizzling +3F (-16C):evil:

This is the reason I grow under lights, rather than in a greenhouse. Chicago is usualy a few degrees warmer than Minneapolis, but still we have a long heating season. I figure the electricity for lights is cheaper than the heat.

We had -22oC last night!!! -22!!!! :crazy::eek:

We're only in Scotland - not the Arctic (or Canada...!). It hasn't been this cold in about 30 years here. Elec bill is going to be a touch on the high side this year, I fear!

Dan

I don't know what it is in F... but we had -17C here today.

That is 1.4 F; That is pretty cold for Europe! I was up in Duluth, MN for New Years and it was -24 F (-31 C) with a windchill of -40 F which is the same as - 40 C! At that temperature it even hurts when you breathe!

Some important F to C conversion numbers:
100 C = 212 F (boiling point of water)
0 C = 32F (Freezing point of water)
0 F = - 18 C
-40 F = - 40 C

forecast for tonight: -27 degree (C). should be one of the five nights in year when I don't open window for night.

Gosh, it's down right tropical here, compared to where some of you live.

+6 C (43 F). We have a chinook happening, that's why it's so warm. Warm dry air blowing in from the west. Mmmmm. I even cracked a few windows this afternoon to let some air in.

It's been rather cold here, too. Barely made it above 50F today. Let's hope for some sunshine this weekend. I still need to get out there and trim back my roses before my gardener decides to do it himself. He never does it right.

Nice here

It's nice here--72 F @ golf course today in Malibu Hills.
As usual we need much more rain, only about 6 in so far this season.
Feel sorry for the central USA.
Carl

It was 5 degrees F here this morning with a windchill making it -15....single digits again in the AM , but a heat wave for the middle of next week ! 40 degrees ! Woo Hoo ! I was about to have beg for a warm place to spend the rest of the winter ....:)

That is 1.4 F; That is pretty cold for Europe! I was up in Duluth, MN for New Years and it was -24 F (-31 C) with a windchill of -40 F which is the same as - 40 C! At that temperature it even hurts when you breathe!

Some important F to C conversion numbers:
100 C = 212 F (boiling point of water)
0 C = 32F (Freezing point of water)
0 F = - 18 C
-40 F = - 40 C

Thanks Robert :):):)
Maybe one should create one thread with the different conversions!? Jean

We had -22oC last night!!! -22!!!! :crazy::eek:

We're only in Scotland - not the Arctic (or Canada...!). It hasn't been this cold in about 30 years here. Elec bill is going to be a touch on the high side this year, I fear!

Dan

Where in Scotland? On the coast, or inland in the highlands? I would suspect it would be warmer on the coast.

@Kevin
That temp was in the highlands - not quite the coldest ever (-27oC). Here it was -17 that night, and -12 last night, but surprisingly in Glasgow it was a few degrees colder.

Dan

it's a chilly -3˚F here, lowest it's been so far this winter but that's really fairly normal. I have heard from friends who have family in orlando that it was freezing there last night, and that another had their pipes freeze in georgia yesterday, which is pretty cool for there

The low tonight was supposed to be 3º but it's already down to 2º F, and it's not even 11 pm. Is anyone experiencing global warming???

Latest posts

Back