baby How COLD is it ?qwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lindafrog

burr- just in from greenhouse. Its 55 at inside wall, 43 by door, with ice on windowsill by the insulating syrofoam. Good thing I grow mostly cymbidums, restrepia and dracula. Outside it has warmed up to 10F with windchill of minus 1.
Upside- 2 Cymbidum Melinga 'rum jungle' are brightening up our little bit of paradise with their bright yellow magic and slight but orchidy scent.
What is like in your growing world? Anyone below our 10 degrees outside or 43 inside.
Time for hot chai chocolate for sure!!

We're going to be lucky to clear 20 at the rate we're going today. We had light snow, which is dusting everything despite the sun that is out.

I'm cranking 3800 Watts of juice in my bitty GH and the propane heater is still coming on intermittently. It's staying around 60 in the GH without the sun boosting it to almost 70.

Tonight's low will be close to 10.:sob:

It's -14 celcius here right now and it is supposed to stay that low for the next few days, with even lower temps overnight. (-18c is 0f) Plus it's windy. Good thing I grow in the basement...can't imagine how much it would cost to heat a greenhouse! It costs enough to heat the house with the furnace coming on all the time. I hope it warms up for you soon.

Oh poor baby! We had 2 this a.m. when I got up, made it to a balmy 17!

Wow, I'm so glad so many are sharing my usual pain. :evil:

Seriously though, it's kind of warmish here, only -7 C right now. Downright balmy. But I think I'll swill back a cup of hot chocolate with a splash of Baileys anyway, just to be a team player. :rollhappy:

It was 9º F (-12.8 C) here last night and is supposed to go even colder tonight. There was ice inside our west upstairs window today. It's a little unheated room, but it didn't feel that cold in the room. My husband said it was because of the west wind.

We were in SC and KY over the holidays, and had many days in the 50's. Drove home the other day and watched the temp dive as we got to Indy, Lafayette, Gary then home with a daytime high of 6 F. We crawled to 12 F today.

-Ernie

Days- 30-34F.
Nights- 15-24F.
Tomorrow wind gusts to 50mph. Maybe 5x a year it gusts to 50mph w/o hurricane or tropical storm association.

Wow it is cold there, it was cold here today at only 70F with only 82F tomorrow.....brrrrrr freezing.

he he he.......sorry as always I couldn't resist.

Yeah, I have to say, my biggest complaint is I am not getting to wear my winter sweaters much this year.

Have to say that 50's in January ain't so bad, really.

I was outside without a coat yesterday, pruning the fruit trees. You all would be so proud of me. 50 and no jacket;>

^ ^
You just now reminded me that I need to prune my roses. Maybe I'll get to them today. Today is sunny and it's supposed to be somewhere around 60F. :rollhappy:

I was outside without a coat yesterday, pruning the fruit trees. You all would be so proud of me. 50 and no jacket;>
:rollhappy: WooHoo - that a girl! :clap:
IMO 3 layers of sweatshirts don't count as a coat!;)

Last night was the first time in years I closed 1/2 windows in my spare bedroom! I was getting worried about temps on the floor of the living room!

Latest posts

Back