Autumn Sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I went through the entire online listing this morning and reduced prices on most items to make room for new seedlings coming out of flask. Quantities are limited (in some cases only two or three available of each item). Check it out and take advantage of our best prices of the year!

VERY NICE! Early X Mas for someone!

I heard a nasty rumor that Paph. victoria-regina var kalinae was discovered by you and named in honor of your wife? True? Do you still work with that variant?

Thanks
Jake

Hi Jake,

Not a rumor. It's true the variety was named for my wife and described by Guido Braem in 1995. We had seedlings back a few years ago, but the original plant died. I think the last commercial grower offering them was Hadley Cash at Marriott Orchids.

Did you guys just stumble across it raising seedlings, or did you discover a wild variant? As I understand it the main difference is the dorsal is much darker, no?
I asked Sam if he had one, which he does, but he said it was a little weak at the time.

Hi Jake,

Here's a not-so-great flower photo of Paph. victoria-reginae var kalinae 'Fox Valley' taken prior to it's untimely demise. The dorsal sepal markings were quite a bit darker and the pouch less rounded than a typical Paph. victoria-reginae.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back