As an old orchid grower, but a newish

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abax

In Remembrance 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paph. grower, I just have to brag a little. I've managed
to bloom three from scratch and I'm struttin' around like
a **** of the walk. Fully open for a couple of days are
P. niveum 'In-Charm BM/TPS x In-Charm White 'Chao Chau' (really gorgeous bloom and another bud coming along), P. gratrixianum 'Wedgewood' AM/AOS x gratrixianum 'Lula Girl' (perfect bloom as far as I can see)
and P. Armeni White ('Sure An 4n' x emersonii 'White Dove') which is another perfectly shaped white that isn't
quite all white, but beautiful anyway. I like its very tiny
speckles.

I didn't feel confident at all when I started collecting the
38 Paphs. I have, but all of you have been a tremendous
help and I thank ST for just being here. :clap::clap::clap:

Yes! Photos please :)

I know the feeling you're talking about as I finally have slippers that re-bloom in my care! Now to get some more "difficult" ones to do me the honour :)

Keep up to great growing!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I'm now taking donations to buy a camera if anyone wants
to ignore the election to contribute to the camera fund. I
just bought a Sumsung Galaxy Slll phone and might try
using using that to take some photos. I'm not gettin' into the bottomless pit of camera equipment ever again. I don't need another addiction!

From scratch means that I didn't buy the plants in bud. I grew the flowers myself without a headstart. NYEric,
ain't chu never baked no cake "from scratch"?????!!!! Mylordy, yankees! In truth, I've never baked any kind
of cake that didn't explode, but now I know I can bloom Paphs.

ain't chu never baked no cake "from scratch"?????!!!! Mylordy, yankees!

I knew what you meant Angela and I grew up in LA (not "lower Alabama"). And my cake baking mom was a Yankee from Connecticut!

I think Eric is all out being a man:poke::poke:

Not easy.

I think the breeding is easy, but the flasking/germination is more demanding than what I want to put up with at this time.

If you send your seed out for flasking, then its really more of a patience issue rather than difficulty.

Latest posts

Back