Another Spicerianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Corbin

These are not glamour shots, I do not have my setup here in Canton, but I thought they should be shared.

What the F is this with ImageShack? You have to pay $8 a month to use it now?

Is everybody else paying this fee? Is there another way to post pictures?

:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that outburst. It cought me off guard. An any way here it is.

IMGP0100cropsmr.jpg

IMGP0080cropsmr.jpg

IMGP0081cropsmr.jpg

Yes, it has two blooms on one spike. I do not like the presentation. I guess I need advice on staking so fire away. Thanks,

Very nice flower Ed, first time I see it with 2 blooms :) (but I am still young with paphs) !!! No fees for ImageShack (until now)! Jean

It was quite a big plant when I got it maybe eight growths. The first fall it had three flowers on separate spikes (the first blooming for the plant). This year this is the only growth that is going to bloom. No it has never done this before.

Very nice flower Ed, first time I see it with 2 blooms :) (but I am still young with paphs) !!! No fees for ImageShack (until now)! Jean

The last time I used ImageShack it was free and had been for as long as I have been a member of this forum (two years maybe).

I do not find PhotoBucket as convenient, as there is no link from this "page," but as long as it is free . . . .

Sometimes I remember to stake, sometime they don't need it at all. Usually for a plant that flops forward, I try to stake it when in low spike.

Good job getting the 2 flowers on one spike.

Very beautiful!!! And great thing to have two flowers! Please post a pic when they are both open (if possible)!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah! A wild spice!:clap:

I used Imageshack Thurs & Fri & didn't pay anything. It said subscribe, I was wondering what the advantages would be?

That's pretty cool to get a double spike on spicerianum. Pretty rare event.

This is probably a more natural presentation for this species since it's found on cliffs, and normally projects the flowers away from the cliff face. At this point it may be too late to stake, but its not unheard of to stake this species.

Here is a quick grab shot I took this afternoon. There was absolutely no natural light coming in the window this afternoon so I had to get creative. In the process I lost some of the depth of field I would liked to have. As you can see the second flower is much smaller than the first one.

IMGP0107sm.jpg

Latest posts

Back