Another Paph micranthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like this little guy. Must admit, I love all micranthum and armeniacum. I'm trying something new this year and will but a couple in 7 1/2 inch by 11 inch trays that are filled 2 1/2 inches to maybe 3 inches with a bark mix. I assume they grow, shallow in nature, so why not while under our care. This way I can water them more often and most likely daily in the summer. We shall see.

I also put one in a plastic strainer with a armeniacum on the other end. So far in the winter this only needs watering every third day compared to every other day like the ones in the shallow tray. Remember, I'm talking out the large shallow tray and strainer, not the ones in deep pots.

Last edited:
I'm interested in how your project turns out. Congrats on the beautiful bloom! :)

Another beautiful one!
What's your winter average in your greenhouse again?
Day and night low?

I just bought micranthum and armeniacum for the leaves, but I realize that I violated my own rules.
I plan to find them a good home with cold winter they need.

Looks great Bob

I think your shallow pan strategy is a good idea.

Not for micranthum, but I've had some surprisingly awesome growth in my compots that are those plastic berry trays with no more than an inch of mix in them.

Its hard to tell on my phone wether this one is in a pot or your new method. It is a nice one indeed.
I've had one plant in a shallow tray for a couple of years now. It blasted the first time and hasn't tried since but it hasn't died either. Mine stays wet for a very long time after watering. A week to ten days even in the summer. I have two others in teak baskets which get water everyday in the summer. They're holding their own but not really tahing off like I expected.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Back