another guessing game

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

What am I?
011-2.jpg
010-7.jpg

#2 should be a hummingbird's delight!
009.jpg

#3 this should be easy, can you be specific?
013-3.jpg

The canna is variety Tropicana, sometimes referred to as variety Phaison. Have it in my yard. :p

The red one looks like a honeysuckle.

the first one appears to be some sort of trumpet vine.

The canna is variety Tropicana, sometimes referred to as variety Phaison. Have it in my yard. :p
BINGO!!! IMO the best canna! Who cares about the flowers with foliage like that! This was the underneath side of the leaf.

..... the first one appears to be some sort of trumpet vine.
Nope.
It's an annual & the more common color combo is blue & white.
I thought this would be a flower with pollinator pic, after taking the pic I flicked the flower and ...... :eek: some things one might not notice without the eye of the camera!

BINGO!!! IMO the best canna! Who cares about the flowers with foliage like that! This was the underneath side of the leaf.

When the sun is low in the afternoon, and hits the leaves, it looks like
someone plugged the plants into a receptacle.
Due to cooler temps. this year, the first flower opened Friday.
These look great. We have a corner lot and I can't count the amount of times cars stop and people ask about the Cannas.

I've had these plants for 3-4 years, they're an easy 5ft tall! I live in zone 5 & I leave them in the ground all year! They have a southeast exposure right alongside of the house. It's a hassel to dig them up & store them over the winter, which wasn't always successful. In the fall I cut them down & throw some leaves on them & wait til next year & they come back bigger & stronger!

I've had these plants for 3-4 years, they're an easy 5ft tall! I live in zone 5 & I leave them in the ground all year! They have a southeast exposure right alongside of the house. It's a hassel to dig them up & store them over the winter, which wasn't always successful. In the fall I cut them down & throw some leaves on them & wait til next year & they come back bigger & stronger!

I've had them same amount of time. We are zone 6 1/2-7. Digging them up
is a royal pain in the wazoo. Last winter left some in on purpose,
covered with layer of pampas grass leaves, and they failed.
Previous winter, left some in by mistake, and they grew. I've had good luck
storing them in the basement, bad luck growing orchids in basement.

:eek: the basement, we have a basement!

Eric, never heard of growing orchinds in the basement? (at least) here in Europe a lot of people specialized in "Basement-Culture", the advantage is that you can control much better the temp (will be a bit warm during the day, due to the artificial light) but will cool down at nights when the light is off (even in hor summers!). I have said that for my next Apartment I will get one with an extra room in the basement (Hobby-room is called here) in order to bring all my chids...

Eric, never heard of growing orchinds in the basement? (at least) here in Europe a lot of people specialized in "Basement-Culture", the advantage is that you can control much better the temp (will be a bit warm during the day, due to the artificial light) but will cool down at nights when the light is off (even in hor summers!). I have said that for my next Apartment I will get one with an extra room in the basement (Hobby-room is called here) in order to bring all my chids...
Our basement is a common area, also the water bugs [echh!] would fight me for ownership of any plants down there! :p

Latest posts

Back