anitum 'Jona'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you might be on to something about the roots and fertilizing. mine doesn't grow a lot of roots even thouhg the plant is healthy. i will try cutting back on feeding even more and see if it helps.

that's fantastic plant, well done!!!
I also have had many big roots last year by keeping it very wet at the roots and low (and quite rare) fertilizing. But not as dark leaves as you...

you might be on to something about the roots and fertilizing. mine doesn't grow a lot of roots even thouhg the plant is healthy. i will try cutting back on feeding even more and see if it helps.

Yes, it is typical for anitum that they can survive a very long time pratically without a single living root. If the plant has two or three roots that are intact, it can even produce new leaves, but very slowly. If the roots are all ok with active root tips the plant is actually pretty vigorous (but still slow). This clone is my fastest and easiest one. Hopefully the siblings are easy too.

Latest posts

Back