adductum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
adductum 2023.jpg

Here, Merry Christmas to all and to all shut the hell up. ( If you weren't following the other thread, this was supposed to be anitum.)

NS 6.5 x 15, DW 3.1, Synsepal 2.9, PW 0.7, Plant is 34cm wide, inflorescence is 37cm tall from the top of the crown to the end of the ovary.

Last edited:
Merry x-mas to you, too ..... to flower this special species is like christmas and easter at the same time. Congrats and well done ! đź‘Ś

Naahhh. It's just temporarily rare in collections because everyone kills it and the pandemic stopped the supply of wild-caught-passed-off-as-seed-grown plants coming in lol.
All this said though, it is a decent adductum. I suppose I can put away the fishing knife. (And yes, I will use pollen to make true Johanna Burkhardts next time my good roth blooms, if only to use them as instructional material.)

I need as many flasks as you can spare to instruct me whenever that happens. Right now you're literally the only person in the US that I know has adductum and I've been asking around trying to find some for at least four years. I got a couple from Popow a few years ago that I believe were laundered, one bloomed and promptly died and the other didn't even have the decency to bloom first.

People have em, just not for sale lol. I can get stored pollen from an unrelated adductum to make an outcross right now if I want it, which is why I was kinda considering risking a pod on it.

I need as many flasks as you can spare to instruct me whenever that happens. Right now you're literally the only person in the US that I know has adductum and I've been asking around trying to find some for at least four years. I got a couple from Popow a few years ago that I believe were laundered, one bloomed and promptly died and the other didn't even have the decency to bloom first.
The place you recommended me to get anitums had a few adductums unlisted for sale. Suppose to get more in the fall.

Yes, adductum is much harder to find, evenmore harder to keep alive too.I had 2 adductums, one bloomed and died after soon, another had been dieing for 2 or 3 years without blooming.

Latest posts

Back