all of you

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop wishing.
I know one could buy couches and potato chips down in your neck of the woods. :poke:

YUUUPP

I already have the couch installed in the back of my old broke down Chevy truck in the front yard! Since the windows busted out I can get to the tater chips in the cab without having to open up the doors.

Up at 4.30 am for work daily, so not really time for other checks! Home around 3 pm and then straight to the gh to do a once over/water/repot as necessary. Both daughters members of local swimming club, so it's 6 days a week for a couple fo hours and that's where the spare time goes & money!!! It's getting to the time of year here in the UK when it's dark when going to work and won't be long before dark when I'm coming home. Get a bit of time at the weekends for tidying up in there and a bit of fishing. Slugs seem to be finding a way a the moment in even though it's well sealed, but my dry warm conditions soon have them cooking!!:p

Gary
UK

YUUUPP

I already have the couch installed in the back of my old broke down Chevy truck in the front yard! Since the windows busted out I can get to the tater chips in the cab without having to open up the doors.

Watching Hee Haw in black and white?

That show was a blast!

weekdays -
up 0510
gym 0530-0600
orchidhouse for a quick check 0610-0615.
leave for work 0640
Get home 1800-2000, depending.
check email and Slippertalk etc, etc etc.
bed 2145.
Same over.

3rd weekend working in a row - killing me..................but I got EVERY orchid repotted in a recent week off (they look great with the warm weather on us).

Vacation in 6 weeks!!!!

In an average day over here, we eat tonnes of spicy food that will leave most of ya'll smoking at the ears.. :p

Here, we play hockey all year long and drink maple sirup instead of water. Children go to school in snowshoes. Just kidding.

Up 5 h 30
Orchids watering: From 6 to 7 h30
Breakfast (5 minutes)
Then I drive to the office, taking care not to hit deers, crows of wild turkeys
Back to home 18 h
Take care of a young cat
Take care of Bilbo, our 14 years old Celestial Parrotlet
Take care of orchids
We eat at 19 h (and no, we don't eat maple products!)
A few exercices
Then I read.... And fall asleep when my boyfriend watchs the hockey game on TV

Interesting to read. Obviously animals and orchids go together!
I just wish I could be as structured and organized as everyone else. I just seem to ricochet around and always seem to plan about 25% too many things to fit in the day.

I think your day is pretty awesome Gary when the backyard critters that wake you up are Giraffes :wink:

I think your day is pretty awesome Gary when the backyard critters that wake you up are Giraffes :wink:
:)
I think I need to go safari again and take members with. I am due to spend a week at the farm in the near future. A day or two is always too short to take a few pictures, but with a week I should be able to give the gist of an average day in Africa.

TN Rick, should we take out our old double barrel and shoot at Clark? Maybe turn our coon hounds on 'im? Stereotype shame on you Clark!

;>)

Angela, I gave god the pink slip about thirty five years ago. No shame here.

Started shooting about six years old. After about a dozen shots, while my father was changing the target(he had his back tuned to me), I nailed my first kill.
It would of been a hell of a shot for any adult. My mother witnessed the whole thing. It would be another year before I got the gun back.:(
Maybe I was twelve when I was reloading shells for trap&skeet on weekends.
Not too many twelve year olds shooting Belgium made Browning Auto 5 back then. Mine was full choke with 32" barrel.
Birds were scared to death of it. Loads of fun...

Those double barrels are a dime a dozen.
Lol.

Same here about the pink slip but probably earlier.

ROTFLMAO@ the rest of the story! Maybe sicing the hounds might have
been a better idea. ;>) Us poor Appalachians can only afford a dime. I shot
a double barrel one time and it set me on my ass and I couldn't move
my shoulder for a week. Really BAD idea!

Did you have huge, ugly, purple bruise like my mother had???

I wonder how Annie Oakley did it?

You people live in a first world country. I live with a double scatter next to my bed and shoot it every couple of days (yes, one barrel at a time unless circumstances demand a more emphatic response). Snakes and thatch-roof stripping monkeys are the most common targets, but poachers, predators and tax collectors (in need of full simultaneous double barrel response) are also on the list

Up at 6:30 (Usually :eek:)
spray plants with aerial roots, check for any immediate remedial work needed and perform.
Wake up my Partner so she can take over watering, etc.
5 squats and 10 push-ups
Shower/shave dress and drive 40 minutes from Greeenwich Village around the Brooklyn shore to Flatbush Ave.
Work: process payments, initial timecards, check project status, file documents...
Off around 5-6PM
drive home, (get dinner twice a week)
Make or eat dinner,
Housework
Watch TV shows
Send partner to bed at 10:00PM
work on plants, forums, etc.
Bed around 12:00.
I sleep in the living room with the plants and cats. :)
Saturday-Model trains; Sunday Paintball.

Last edited:
You people live in a first world country. I live with a double scatter next to my bed and shoot it every couple of days (yes, one barrel at a time unless circumstances demand a more emphatic response). Snakes and thatch-roof stripping monkeys are the most common targets, but poachers, predators and tax collectors (in need of full simultaneous double barrel response) are also on the list

Can I come live with you?

Latest posts

Back