Alas my new grow area

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy

Reaction score
Help from none other than ray barkalow. Thank you ray for the indoor growing info!!!
e3876fc0eb101bfced5710831755a05c.jpg

I still need 1 more grow light for the bottom shelf, I have another 10 plants, compromise is a virtue about growing orchids indoor

That looks nice. Are those T5s or T8s? I use T8s on my shelves, and they work well for growing and blooming a wide variety of orchids. It might not be enough to bloom high light plants without some supplemental window light, but if your collection is mostly paphs/phrags, I bet you'll be very successful. Glad you got to keep some of your collection!

T-8s, 7550 kelvins and 5800 lumens, I have a gary romagna putting up 2 spikes so I hope it continues to bloom under these conditions, fingers crossed, this grow area wasn't in my origional living area agreement, although with some pursuasion I was able to

Looks good! Do you run those humidifiers continuously? What is your humidity in there? Is it an enclosed room?

Very nice! I just set up the same metal shelves...I'll take pictures when I finish my setup!

David

You can also mail order the side & back parts (about 4 inch high) to keep the orchids from escaping to the ground

Latest posts

Back