Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lady Starbrook

I was moving my second paph, which I bought in bud a couple of weeks ago, when I dropped it!! The flower that was almost open, and the very small bud broke off. What's the best way to keep the flower in water? I know it won't last very long but I'd like to keep it for a while. :sob:

I've had a complex hybrid in bloom in water for almost 2 weeks now.I change the water every few days. It was the first bloom for this single growth plant so I cut the bloom off the plant after about 12 days on the plant.

:( Bummer! Don't beat yourself up - we've all done it!
....... What's the best way to keep the flower in water? ......
:confused: K.I.S. - keep it simple - cut it off & put it in water! I really don't think there's anything special one can do. Tom K. cut off a henry bloom so I could use pollen, he stuck it in a floral vial with a stopper, I don't think I ever changed the water & it probably lasted a couple weeks - I was surprised how long it lasted. Yours is not fully open, it might remain at that stage.

You'll still get to enjoy the flower for a while if you stick it in water. I was amazed at how long they will actually last as a cut flower.

This past Christmas I even stuck a paph in some florist foam in a floral arrangement after the other flowers in the arrangement had croaked and the paph lasted two weeks.

Thanks for all the encouragement. The flower is looking pretty good. I'll try to post a pic of it this weekend. :)

Back