A Trio of Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

lori.b

Reaction score
Paph sangii, Paph spicerianum and Paph thaianum are all enjoying the warm summer temperatures we've been having this year. Paph thaianum usually blooms in the spring for me but the other two are right on schedule.

Attachments

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
These are magnificent!!! I love the sangii and thaianum... good form and colors.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Lori, can't say which one of your trio I like the best....they all are lovely ones....maybe the P. sangii, which is the most coloured one.....or the P. spicerianum, which is a greenish one which are my favourite P. spicerianums.....or the P. thaianum, which is the cutest one. 👌

Rockbend

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent thaianum!! You should get that judged - if that appeals to you, if possible - looks better than several awards I've seen!

Just1more

Reaction score
Love the thaianum!!! So sweet! Happy to see spicerianums start blooming. the only one of the three that I’m growing.

tnyr5

Reaction score
Yes, very nice thaianum. That reminds me, Leslie, did you ever get that thaianum pollen I sent? lol

lori.b

Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone for all your kind words. Unfortunately we don't have judging back yet (thanks to covid) otherwise I'd probably take up your advice. I took sangii a couple years back and it got some attention but that was about it. Thaianum and spicerianum have won ribbons at shows but never got to visit the judges' table. I'll keep trying!

Michael Bonda

Reaction score
Paph sangii, Paph spicerianum and Paph thaianum are all enjoying the warm summer temperatures we've been having this year. Paph thaianum usually blooms in the spring for me but the other two are right on schedule.
I really like the rounded shape of your thaianum……mine (in bloom for a few months) has wider petals and I like the shape in yours:
1629820031130.jpeg

dodidoki

Reaction score
Ohhh....sangii is a very hard to find in collection.Can i ask about culture and a pic about whole plant?

BrucherT

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Smashing! Great sangii!

lori.b

Reaction score
Ohhh....sangii is a very hard to find in collection.Can i ask about culture and a pic about whole plant?
Yes, here is the whole plant. I find it's actually quite easy to grow in my conditions. It likes bright light, warmer temperatures and lots of water in the summer and I keep it a bit on the drier side in the winter but I don't let it dry out completely. It grows in a mix of Orchiata/perlite/charcoal and I've added some chopped sphagnum to hold on to the moisture a bit longer.

Attachments

dodidoki

Reaction score
Yes, here is the whole plant. I find it's actually quite easy to grow in my conditions. It likes bright light, warmer temperatures and lots of water in the summer and I keep it a bit on the drier side in the winter but I don't let it dry out completely. It grows in a mix of Orchiata/perlite/charcoal and I've added some chopped sphagnum to hold on to the moisture a bit longer.
Many thanks.Great plant!

Latest posts