A Parvi Cutflower

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
This was a gorgeous Fanaticum flower on a plant I bought a few months ago at a society meeting. The stem had been bent in transport so I cut it off and put it in a vase. I like this photo a lot so I decided to post it. By the way, this was one of the biggest and nicest Fanaticum flowers I have ever seen, which is why I bought the plant despite the fact I already had a Fanaticum.

For all you photography aficionados out there, does anyone know how to digitally put your name on a photo so that it is harder for people to steal it? Like for example, a lot of people post photos on this forum that at the bottom say "Copyright YYYY name". How do you do that?

Lovely flower!!!! You can use photoshop or the paint from XP (it is easy since you have black background)!!!

Beautiful flower, I love the pink flush of color, not all Fanaticums have that.

To insert text on pictures I use Irfanview, free shareware that has been around for many years, available as a free download at many shareware sites. I like it because it is easy to use.

I found that by inserting the text so it covers some part of the flower, like the edge of the pouch or through the dorsal - people stop stealing the images. Otherwise, even with a text copyright, pirates will crop the image to eliminate your text. Generally I have given up on image theft and mostly accept the fact that theft will happen.

Latest posts

Back