A Pale Scottish besseae flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Achamore

Reaction score
Just opened, I hope / expect the petals will open more in the next day or so. But it is my first flavum I have ever had that has bloomed, so I'm chuffed.

And this one shows Phrag St Ouen in order to help with colour accuracy in judging the yellow of the flavum.

Very nice. great looking plant good luck with the other one.

Something nibbled the bud at the beginning so it emerged looking pretty pathetic. But I also bought one around the same time sight unseen from Ratcliffes. So far that looks to have been an expensive mistake. The one shown above cost €35 whereas Ratcliffes charged more than 3x that, and the plants were comparable. So unless the Ratcliffes one produces a stunner, I'll be feeling pretty put out about it...:(

I wish I could get a flavum like that at any price! Is it first
bloom? I like it...and I like the other one too. You have
such a wonderful collection of Phrags.

*btw, what does "chuffed" mean?

This is the first bloom off of the 2nd still-visible growth.

"Chuffed" is a British expression meaning to be very pleased with or about something.

Oh my, I'm soooo jealous. It's really coming along well.

Ah yes, a Brit word. I wonder if the Gaelic equivalent might be brawley or brawly. Interesting word chuff.
Never mind, I'm lost in early 16th century Gaelic and may never make it out again. ;>)

Latest posts

Back