A Lazy Rainy Saturday

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great Rick!
Qs:
How did you dispose of old walkway?
Is that a pea gravel in the grout joints?
Did you use a weedguard under the walkway?
We generally do our own work also. Besides the sweat equity,
there is a greater and longer lived satisfaction from projects
like these. Have a good one! Clark

Looks great Rick!
Qs:
How did you dispose of old walkway?
Is that a pea gravel in the grout joints?
Did you use a weedguard under the walkway?
We generally do our own work also. Besides the sweat equity,
there is a greater and longer lived satisfaction from projects
like these. Have a good one! Clark
I must first say, This thread has gotten more hits(posts) then any of my flowers ever did!!!:rollhappy:

Clark,
There was no pervious walkway, only grass. I hand dugout a three foot wide by four (approx) inch deep path and dumped all that in the backyard to fill in low spots. Yes, I laid a heavy weed block down then tossed on some morter sand I had leftover. I stuff you see between the flagstones is crushed granite. Fill your ditch almost full with the granite, set your stones. Use a level to in sure the stone is level in the center and tappers off to the grass on both sides for rain run off. Fill in between with more granite. Granite is perferred over sand. Granite "locks" together when it settles and keeps the stones tight. It doesn't track into the house like sand does, either. Good Luck then post it!:D

Rick-
For now, we have red gravel sidewalks. The walkway that we want is
stamped concrete, but at 12-15 dollars/ft. it adds up fast.
It will be a while before I post new walkways.

Q: Can't tell from photo, does your developement have curbs?
no curbs=no storm drains?

That was tones of water over there, but it looks much better!!! Rick you might not live near a river but you definately live near a seasonal lake...:p

Rick-
For now, we have red gravel sidewalks. The walkway that we want is
stamped concrete, but at 12-15 dollars/ft. it adds up fast.
It will be a while before I post new walkways.

Q: Can't tell from photo, does your developement have curbs?
no curbs=no storm drains?
No curbs only storm ditches

That was tones of water over there, but it looks much better!!! Rick you might not live near a river but you definately live near a seasonal lake...:p
Seasonal lake has got crazy this year. It rain again last Fri and yesterday which flooded everywhere, ran off and now repeating today as well. Crazy, crazy

Back