a few landscapes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
Robin Street-Morris. Last Light (Evening Shoreline II).
2009. Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 11" x 17" (27.94 x 43.18cm).

Last%20Light.jpg

Robin Street-Morris. Passage. 2008.
Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 11" x 14" (27.94 x 35.56cm).

Passage.jpg

Robin Street-Morris. November Shoreline.
2009. Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 10" x 16" (25.40 x 40.64cm).

November%20Shoreline.jpg

Robin Street-Morris. Fathom Five II. 2009.
Watercolor and pastel on 300Ib hot press paper. 8" x 16" (20.32 x 40.64cm).

fathom%20five.jpg

Nice, thanks for posting. I hope you're getting inspiration here for more Cyp paintings!

Thanks, both--and of course I get inspiration seeing the lovely things people post, Eric! There's no replacement for seeing orchids in situ though. A few of you know I've got a lot of love for Tobermory, Ontario. I couldn't make it last year, but I've been going most springs since 2000. There are various populations of terrestrials I look forward to seeing--C. arietinum in particular, and last time I figured out where Calyspo bulbosa is growing.

I'm going next week...just before the orchid festival: http://www.thebrucepeninsula.com/orchid_festival.html

It's where we went after we got married, and this will be over our 9th anniversary.

Thanks!

But, no, the paints stay here. The Leica M6 and Canon point and shoot digital thing come with me; however long Jerry thinks he has to deal with me and all of that, the paints would be infinitely worse...as in, he would give up, and someone would discover my remains picked over by insects and black bears who knew my diet and figured I might taste like berries, salmon and honey.

This is true... I very much separate my photos which are good in their own right from those that simply record poignant bits of light, color and shapes; the latter are very useful for my paintings in an almost abstract sort of way.

Thanks, everyone...I'm glad you're enjoying them. November Shoreline is my favorite--it's inspired by the beach I spent the most time on while growing up and still visit when I can. Three were done with places I know in Michigan in mind, one thinking of Fathom Five National Marine Park in Tobermory, ON...unfortunately the translucent turquoise color captured in the actual painting doesn't come across in the jpeg as much as I'd like.

Something to keep in mind is I will always take work back if you don't absolutely love it in person. I also split payments up for people and ship after the first one so you have the art to enjoy right away...perhaps that's overly trusting of me, but I've only been burnt once in nine years--not bad.

Latest posts

Back