Cypripedium arietinum V

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
It's been quite some time since I shared any of my mixed media paintings here. I'm largely a landscape painter these days, but I still adore orchids, grow them, "hunt" them and make work inspired by them occasionally. This piece is my fifth inspired by my in situ observations of Cypripedium arietinum in Ontario and it was juried into and displayed at the Japan Grand Prix International Orchid Festival this year in Tokyo Dome. It's 13.5" x 20" (34 x 51cm) and was created with professional transparent watercolor and soft pastel on 300lb Arches hot press paper which resembles board and is thus shipped flat rather than rolled. If you're interested in owning it, please send me a private message. Living artists like myself greatly appreciate your patronage.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cyp arietinum V II small.jpg
    cyp arietinum V II small.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 45
Thanks, everyone. This original is available, and I am happy to split up payments for patrons so it's both more affordable for them and I'm still adequately compensated for my efforts, but prints on a wide variety of surfaces are available through Pixels.com: https://pixels.com/profiles/robin-streetmorris.html?tab=artworkgalleries You will find some of my orchid-inspired pieces in the Contemporary Floral Paintings gallery. I appreciate the interest!

Latest posts

Back