A couple of my fave phrags

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gavin

Here are a couple of my favourite phrags that flowered earlier this year.These are my favourite type with very long laterals and most importantly self coloured!The first is Harbingers grasshopper(Boissernianum x wallisii) and the second is Tall Tales(pearceii x wallisii)If anyone can recomend some crosses of a similar type and colouring i would love to know, more important is a small-medium size as i grow indoors and space is a premium.Enjoy!
happy growing
Gavin
p.s.i do know harbinger will be huge, but i intend to grow this into a specimen as its my fave!

Attachments

• phrag harbingers grasshopper_Small.JPG
    phrag harbingers grasshopper_Small.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 42
  • phragmepedium Tall tales_Small.JPG
    phragmepedium Tall tales_Small.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 38
Gavin; are you in the USA? Orchids Limited has Phrag. Mini Grande. They're long petaled with good colours and the plants are quite small. I love the photo on their website!

What does "self-coloured" mean? If you like light green phrags then pearcei, boisserianum, klotz, and wallisiii [and these x besseae flavum :wink:] hybrids would be the ones. Check Phragweb for the crosses.

Self coloured means there greens and whites as the natural colour of a plant, its a term we use in the uk. Sorry im not in the usa obviously but the mini grande sounds good ive already got wallisii and pearceii and crosses of them i think id like some richteri crosses with either of the above or boissernianum;does anyone no any names of any.

Latest posts

Back