7th (?) Annual Speaker's Day, Sacramento

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mormodes

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many years we've been holding Speaker's Days at the Sierra Nevada Judging Center in Sacramento CA - hence the question mark, *G*. But details can be found on out web page http://www.csnjc.org. Tickets can be had from Susan at sgwede at gmail dot com. (Yeah, I know. How childish of me to be hesitant to put someone else's email address online, but hey. I wouldn't be the one dealing with bot generated spam.) But I digress....

Theresa Hill of Hillsview Orchids will talk about Paphs. Carlos Fighetti of the IPA and AOS will talk about species Phals and Jim Rose of Cal-Orchid will talk about Laelias. Dennis Olivas will talk about growing Laelias outside in a break-out session. AOS judging in the AM on the big screen in the main room. Come watch and get your questions answered. Also one hecka good auction of unusual orchids. The schedule is on the webpage.

Saturday August 2 9AM to 5PM
Odd Fellows Hall
1831 Howe Ave at Alta Arden
Sacramento, CA

$10 if you are an AOS member or member of a local society. $20 if not. Lunches can be obtained for $10 at the event or there's a good Mexican restaurant next door. (Garibaldis)

And of course all the speakers as well as Gold Country and D&D Flowers will be selling plants too. Plenty o' free parking.

I'm not sure how many years we've been holding Speaker's Days at the Sierra Nevada Judging Center in Sacramento CA - hence the question mark, *G*. But details can be found on out web page http://www.csnjc.org. Tickets can be had from Susan at sgwede at gmail dot com. (Yeah, I know. How childish of me to be hesitant to put someone else's email address online, but hey. I wouldn't be the one dealing with bot generated spam.) But I digress....

Theresa Hill of Hillsview Orchids will talk about Paphs. Carlos Fighetti of the IPA and AOS will talk about species Phals and Jim Rose of Cal-Orchid will talk about Laelias. Dennis Olivas will talk about growing Laelias outside in a break-out session. AOS judging in the AM on the big screen in the main room. Come watch and get your questions answered. Also one hecka good auction of unusual orchids. The schedule is on the webpage.

Saturday August 2 9AM to 5PM
Odd Fellows Hall
1831 Howe Ave at Alta Arden
Sacramento, CA

$10 if you are an AOS member or member of a local society. $20 if not. Lunches can be obtained for $10 at the event or there's a good Mexican restaurant next door. (Garibaldis)

And of course all the speakers as well as Gold Country and D&D Flowers will be selling plants too. Plenty o' free parking.

bump

Carlos' talk is supposed to be a good one. Theresa Hill too. I've never heard Rose speak, so this'll be interesting. Last time I was at Cal-Orchid he had a really wide petaled more flat purpurata that supposedly he was going to clone. (now C purpurata). But the Laelias we can grow outside here. I hope he gives some tips on L speciosa. Funny how you always like what you can't grow. SBOE has a pumila/speciosa hybrid that I can get to flower, but the straight species, no.

Oh yeah and lunch is $7 not $10.

Latest posts

Back